Harness the potential of AM and use it to drive innovation in your organisation
Here at the Objective3D Academy we‘re passionate about Additive Manufacturing and committed to bringing this technology to businesses and educators in Australia and New Zealand.
Whether you are already an existing user of Stratasys 3D Printing Systems or are simply interested in learning about the possibilities the 3D printing world has to offer, the Objective3D Academy provides everything you need to upskill yourself and increase your knowledge – from introductions for newcomers up to courses tailored to the needs of expert users and specific applications.
3D Printing & 3D Scanning Accelerator Workshop
For beginners or business owners. Learn how to drive business innovation with 3D printing.
- Know the basic fundamentals of 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing. Comparing 3D printing with conventional manufacturing technologies.
- Technology and Materials overview – FDM / PolyJet / SLS / SLA / DMLS / BMD
- Understand the operating principles, capabilities and limitations of 3D Printing.
- Become familiar with the complete workflow of 3D printing including the use of Stratasys GrabCAD Print
- Technology Application with Case Studies
- 3D Scanning and Reverse Engineering Demo including Hands-on Test Drive of Professional 3D Scanners.
- 3D Printing Hands-on Workshop – Support removal, Hand Finishing, Assembly, Surface Treatment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business owners
- Design and Engineering Managers
- Product Managers
- Head of Research & Development
- Product Development and Manufacturing Managers
- Technology and Innovation Strategists
- Anyone with an interest in improving the efficiency of manufacturing solutions or wanting an introduction to 3D Printing.
$500 per person
includes a Certificate of Completion and Workshop Notes
(NEW) Design for Additive Manufacturing Programme
For advanced users. Learn how to optimise your CAD files and 3D Print your Models more cost-effectively.
- Learn the fundamentals of additive and subtractive manufacturing
- Understand the operating principles, capabilities, and limitations of state-of-the-art AM methods, including laser melting, fused deposition modeling, stereolithography, and jetting.
- Become familiar with the complete workflow of AM, including computational design tools, file formats, toolpath generation, scanning, and microstructure characterisation.
- Understand key design rules for parts made by AM, and compare and contrast AM processes with conventional manufacturing methods such as machining and moulding in terms of rate, quality, cost, and flexibility.
- Gain hands-on experience with a post-processing workshop session
- Learn about Topological Optimisation and Generative Design of 3D part geometries using Solidworks “Live Parts”.
- Study applications of AM across industries, including aerospace/automotive, medical devices, energy, electronics, and consumer products via examples and case studies, understand how to assess the suitability of AM for an application, and realise how this justification will change as AM improves.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Design / Manufacturing Engineers
- Product / Industrial Designers
- Educators / Research Engineers
- AM Technicians / CAD Operators
- Anyone with CAD experience with a strong interest in improving the efficiency of their AM process.
$1500 per person
includes a Certificate of Completion and Course Notes
Experience World-Class Facilities in Melbourne
Our state-of-the-art additive manufacturing centre here in Melbourne is one of the largest facilities in the country. Attendees will have access to 16 large scale commercial grade technologies covering FDM, PolyJet, SLS, and DMLS. The workshop even includes a rare insider tour and hands-on experience of the production and finishing processes including face to face engagement with our workshop team.
Recommended Hotel AccommodationFor interstate / overseas attendees
Our preferred hotel is the Quest Frankston. Call +613 9645 8357 and quote “Objective3D” when booking to enjoy a special rate. The Quest will also provide a drop-off service in the mornings to the Objective3D AM Centre.