The Fortus 900mc Production System
The Fortus 900mc is the top of the line 3D production system in the world. All the advantages of the Fortus family, but with a massive build envelope. In manufacturing and production, this is where game really starts to change.
The most powerful FDM system available, delivering remarkable agility, sharp accuracy and high return on investment. With 12 real thermoplastic options and a massive build envelope, its only real competition is the old way of doing things.
Think Big – The ultimate 3D Production System
The Fortus 900mc 3D Production System builds durable, accurate, repeatable parts as large as 914 x 610 x 914 mm (36 x 24 x 36 in.). With 12 material options, it’s suitable for building fixtures, factory tooling and end-use parts, as well as the most demanding functional prototypes. This system features two material bays for maximum uninterrupted production. The Fortus 900mc builds in 12 real thermoplastics for applications that require high performance, biocompatibility, static dissipation or resistance to heat, chemicals or UV radiation. With three layer thicknesses to choose from, you can strike just the right balance between fine feature detail and FDM’s fastest build.
The Fortus 900mc features:
- 915 x 610 x 915 build envelope
- 3 layer resolutions allows you to print the fine details or print models faster
- Layer Resolution options .178mm, .254mm, .330mm
- Advanced Insight Software for additional parameter customisation
- Highest part accuracy of +/- .089mm
- Powered by genuine FDM Technology
- Modelling sheets provide a smooth surface on which your 3D models are printed.
The Fortus 900mc builds parts in 12 production-grade engineering thermoplastics:
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ABSi for translucence
- ABS-M30 for great tensile, impact and flexural strength and environmental stability
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ASA for UV stability, durability and great aesthetics
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- PC-ABS for the highest impact strength, plus the mechanical properties and heat resistance of PC and the surface appeal of ABS
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PPSF for highest heat and chemical resistance
- ULTEM 1010 for the highest heat resistance, chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic.
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties
Fortus 900mc Product Specifications
- FDM Nylon 12
- ULTEM 9085
Build envelope options: 914 x 610 x 914 mm (36 x 24 x 36 in.)
Material delivery options: Two bays each for material and support canisters
- 0.330 mm (0.013 in.)
- 0.254 mm (0.010 in.)
- 0.178 mm (0.007 in.)
Support structure: Soluble for most materials; break-away for PC-ISO, ULTEM and PPSF; soluble or break-away for PC
System size/weight: 2772 x 1683 x 2027 mm (109.1 x 66.3 x 79.8 in.)/with crate: 3287 kg (7247 lbs.), without crate: 2869 kg (6325 lbs.)
Achievable accuracy: Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .09 mm (± .0035 in.) or ± .0015 mm/mm (± .0015 in/in), whichever is greater. (Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.)
Network communication: 10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol
- 230VAC nominal three-phase service with 5% regulation
- 230VAC as measured phase-to-phase; 50 Hz or 60Hz; 40 Amp circuit
Regulatory compliance: CE
Special facility requirements: None
Insight software prepares your CAD program’s STL output for 3D manufacturing on a Fortus machine by automatically slicing and generating support structures and material extrusion paths. For maximum control, users can manually edit parameters that determine the look, strength and precision of parts as well as the speed and material use of the FDM process.
With Insight, you can:
- Optimize build orientation for maximum strength and smoothest surface finish
- Customize supports for fast, easy removal and best use of materials
- Program pauses into the build for any reason, such as to embed hardware or circuitry
- Manipulate tool paths for advanced control over part properties
Included with Insight is Control Center. This sophisticated software application communicates with user workstations and Fortus systems, to manage jobs and monitor production status. Design, engineering and manufacturing teams can network and share 3D manufacturing capacity to maximize efficiency and throughput.