Design for Additive Manufacturing
Learn how to optimise your CAD files and 3D Print your Models
more cost-effectively in this 1-day intensive programme.
Master the Principles of Additive Manufacturing
The primary goal of this 1-day Additive Manufacturing and Design programme is to prepare you to apply foundational knowledge, critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity, in your use of additive manufacturing and associated design tools and methods. You can grow as a leader in 3D printing and prototyping and help accelerate industry adoption of additive manufacturing while striving for the advancement of technology and developing innovative solutions.
- Learn the fundamentals of additive and subtractive manufacturing
- Understand the operating principles, capabilities, and limitations of state-of-the-art AM methods, including laser melting, fused deposition modeling, stereolithography, and jetting.
- Become familiar with the complete workflow of AM, including computational design tools, file formats, toolpath generation, scanning, and microstructure characterisation.
- Understand key design rules for parts made by AM, and compare and contrast AM processes with conventional manufacturing methods such as machining and moulding in terms of rate, quality, cost, and flexibility.
- Gain hands-on experience with a post-processing workshop session
- Learn about Topological Optimisation and Generative Design of 3D part geometries using Solidworks “Live Parts”.
- Study applications of AM across industries, including aerospace/automotive, medical devices, energy, electronics, and consumer products via examples and case studies, understand how to assess the suitability of AM for an application, and realise how this justification will change as AM improves.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Design Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Product / Industrial Designers
- Educators / Research Engineers
- AM Technicians / CAD Operators
- Anyone with CAD experience with a strong interest in improving the efficiency of their AM process.
Wed, 26th June 2019
Wed, 31st July 2019
9.00am – 5.00pm (Lunch included)
Objective3D Additive Manufacturing Centre
33-35 Yazaki Way, Carrum Downs, VIC 3201
$1500 per person
(includes a Certificate of Completion & Course Notes)
Participants can bring their own Laptops or tablets but, not essential.
- Addition and Subtraction
- 3D Printing Materials and Processes
- General Part and Feature Design
- Practical Workshop Session
- Part Design – Product Enclosure
- Optimisation – Parts and Process
- Summary / Conclusion
Experience World-Class Facilities in Melbourne
Our state-of-the-art additive manufacturing centre here in Melbourne is one of the largest facilities in the country. Attendees will have access to 16 large scale commercial grade technologies covering FDM, PolyJet, SLS, and DMLS. The workshop even includes a rare insider tour and hands-on experience of the production and finishing processes including face to face engagement with our workshop team.
Recommended Hotel AccommodationFor interstate / overseas attendees
Our preferred hotel is the Quest Frankston. Call +613 9645 8357 and quote “Objective3D” when booking to enjoy a special rate. The Quest will also provide a drop-off service in the mornings to the Objective3D AM Centre.