3D Printing Accelerator Workshop Series
Objectvie3D 3D Printing Accelerators are designed to help kick-start a company’s journey into 3D printing and additive manufacturing in a rapid, workshop-style environment.
How To Drive Business Innovation With 3D Printing
The goal of our 3D Printing Accelerators is that you leave with a new and deep understanding of how 3D printing can drive new value within your business, the tools and insight to begin driving 3D printing adoption across your organization and the confidence and resources to pitch to your senior leadership to support your 3D printing venture.
During this interactive 1-day long workshop, you will appreciate how 3D printing is a powerful innovation tool to drive new value across your entire business; from how you create value, reach your customers, operate internally, meet market trends and competition to how you position yourself in your supply and distribution chain.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
- An introduction to 3D Printing
- An Industry Overview
- Technology and Materials overview – FDM / PolyJet / SLS / SLA / DMLS
- Design Criterion – Optimisation and 3D Printing Workflows with GrabCAD Print
- Technology Application with Case Studies
- 3D Scanning and Reverse Engineering Demo including Hands-on Test Drive of Professional 3D Scanners
- 3D Printing Hands-on Workshop – Support removal, Hand Finishing, Assembly, Surface Treatment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business owners
- Industrial Designers
- Engineering Managers
- Manufacturing Managers
- Production Managers
- Design Engineers / Managers
- Anyone with an interest in improving the efficiency of manufacturing solutions or wanting an introduction to 3D Printing.
WHY ONLY IN MELBOURNE
Our state-of-the-art additive manufacturing centre here in Melbourne is one of the largest facilities in the country. Attendees will have access to 16 large scale commercial grade technologies covering FDM, PolyJet, SLS and DMLS. The workshop even includes a rare insider tour and hands-on experience of the production and finishing processes including face to face engagement with our workshop team.
GET ANSWERS TO IMPORTANT QUESTIONS INCLUDING:
- What will you print?
- What does it look like?
- What does it need to do?
- Where does it need to function?
- How long does it need to last?
- When to use standard plastics/engineering plastics/high-performance plastics?
- Why and when do you need to print in metal?
- Do you buy one 3D Printer? Do you establish a 3D Printing Lab
- Do you order parts on-demand?
- and lot’s more.
- Pen and Notepad
- Any ideas / designs and objects to discuss with the facilitator
Wed, 6th MARCH 2019
Wed, 20th MARCH 2019
Wed, 10th APRIL 2019
Wed, 1st MAY 2019
9.00am – 5.00pm (Lunch included)
Objective3D Additive Manufacturing Centre
33-35 Yazaki Way, VIC 3201 Location Map
$500 per person
(includes a Certificate of Completion)
For interstate / overseas attendees, our preferred hotel is the Quest Frankston
Call +61 3 9645 8357 and quote “Objective3D” when booking to enjoy a special rate. The Quest will also provide a drop-off service in the mornings to the Objective3D AM Centre.
WHAT TO BRING