The Fortus 250mc 3D Printer
Fortus 250mc is the entry level Fortus 3D production system, the benchmark by which all other performance prototyping 3D printers are measured. A large build envelope, with outputs so strong and accurate that they blur the line between what is real and what is the test.
Fortus 250mc pairs fine layer resolution with a larger build envelope and gives you the power to fine-tune every aspect of prototype production. Imagine faster, more effective product testing and development, all in an easy-to-use, office-friendly system.
Stop outsourcing and start building
The Fortus 250mc works with the same powerful Insight software as our Performance 3D Production Systems. Insight software gives you the power to optimize every part for strength, print time or aesthetics. You can specify tool paths, adjust material density, fine-tune part orientation and choose from three available layer resolutions. Best of all, the 250mc’s ABSplus parts are accurate, stable, durable and repeatable.
The Fortus 250mc entry-level production system includes:
- Fortus 250mc 3D Printer
- SCA-1200 Support Cleaning System
- Startup Supply of Materials
- Insight Software
- Starter ABSplus model material
- Starter support material
- Modelling bases and more
About the Fortus 250mc
The Fortus 250mc is our most affordable 3D production system, and it delivers flexibility and reliability.
It’s the only Fortus 3D Production System that uses ABSplus, which is up to 40 percent stronger than our standard ABS material.
It has all the capability of the Dimension Series 3D printers, but includes a total of 3 layer resolution options.
It also uses the much more sophisticated Insight software only available on the Fortus 3D Production Systems, further enhancing the versatility of the Fortus 250mc.
Fortus 250mc features:
- 254 x 254 x 305 build envelope
- 3 layer resolution allows you to print more detailed 3D models or print models even faster
- Layer Resolution options .178mm, .254mm, .330mm
- Advanced Insight Software for additional parameter customisation
- Quiet, unattended operation suitable for office environments
- Powered by genuine FDM Technology
- SCA-1200 Support Cleaning System removes soluble support material you’re your 3D printed models easily. That means less time modelling and more time analyzing your design. SCA-1200’s advanced cleaning system washes away support material by circulating heated detergent around the models to dissolve it away. Its sizeable basket can hold parts up to 10″ x 10″ x12″ (254 x 254 x 305 mm). Clean one large 3D model or multiple small ones – there’s plenty of room for your entire team to use it at the same time.
- Modelling bases provide a smooth surface on which your 3D models are printed. Once printing is done, you simply take the modelling base out of the printer and remove your 3D model.
Fortus 250mc Product Specifications
Build envelope (XYZ): 254 x 254 x 305 mm (10 x 10 x 12 in.)
Material delivery: One build material cartridge and one support material cartridge, each 923 cc (56.3 in3)
- 0.013 inch (0.330 mm)
- 0.010 inch (0.254 mm)
- 0.007 inch (0.178 mm)
Support structure: Soluble
Available colours: Ivory, black, blue, dark grey, fluorescent yellow, nectarine, olive green, red, white, and custom colors
System size/weight: 838 x 737 x 1143 mm (33 x 29 x 45 in.)/with crate: 186 kg (409 lbs.), without crate: 148 kg (326 lbs.)
Achievable accuracy: Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .241 mm (± .0095 in.). (Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.)
Network communication: 10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol
Operator attendance: Limited attendance required for job start and stop
Operating environment: Maximum room temperature of 30 C (86 F)
Relative humidity range: 30 to 70 percent, noncondensing
Power requirements: 110–120 VAC, 60 Hz, minimum 15A dedicated circuit; or 220–240 VAC 50/60 Hz,minimum 7A dedicated circuit.
Regulatory compliance: CE/ETL
Software: All Fortus Systems include Insight and Control Center job-processing and management software.
Insight software prepares your CAD program’s STL output for 3D manufacturing on a Fortus machine by automatically slicing and generating support structures and material extrusion paths. For maximum control, users can manually edit parameters that determine the look, strength and precision of parts as well as the speed and material use of the FDM process.
With Insight, you can:
- Optimize build orientation for maximum strength and smoothest surface finish
- Customize supports for fast, easy removal and best use of materials
- Program pauses into the build for any reason, such as to embed hardware or circuitry
- Manipulate tool paths for advanced control over part properties
Included with Insight is Control Center. This sophisticated software application communicates with user workstations and Fortus systems, to manage jobs and monitor production status. Design, engineering and manufacturing teams can network and share 3D manufacturing capacity to maximize efficiency and throughput.
Soluble support enables you to build intricate models with overhangs, and even nested, moving assemblies, in one job. The SCA-1200 is a support removal system that lets you dissolve support away in a water-based solution, hands-free and unattended. You place your 3D printed prototype into the system, and the SCA provides the right temperature and agitation to efficiently reveal your ready-to-use part or assembly.